Tuesday, September 20, 2011

My S-10 chevy 2.2-4 clyinder just turned 100k.should I change the timing chain soon?

I had one last 220K miles and drove like a mad man, spinning tires and popping clutch every chance I got. The 2.2 4 bangers are strong stout engines. Take an abuse and run forever as long as oil is changed regularly and coolant is in there and gas. Once you get one hot then you may consider on rebuilding it though. If you are a careful driver it should easily last to 200K. I have never seen a person change a timing chain in one cause it went out and know a lot of people that have the S-10's with the 2.2. Only time I seen them change them is after they did a re-ring kit or complete rebuild while the engine was already tore down. Usually you can hear the slack in the chain if you pay attention while out in front with the engine running and slowly rev it up then release the throttle quickly though, replace if you do hear that.
My S-10 chevy 2.2-4 clyinder just turned 100k.should I change the timing chain soon?
yes
My S-10 chevy 2.2-4 clyinder just turned 100k.should I change the timing chain soon?
Very soon, unless you like walking, and/or have money for a new engine.
Check your owner's manual or ask the Service Manager at the dealer for the correct interval for changing timing belts or chains. Good luck!
do it as soon as possible
I would keep on driving it. Change your oil every 3000-4000 miles, and keep up the other maintenance items on the truck. That engine isn't particularly prone to %26quot;chunking the chain%26quot;. It might go another 100k with no problem.
i say no if u are a calm, slow driver.

Yes, if u frequently have moments of uncontrollable road rage. lol
yes I definetly would change it. I don't have a pickup truck but I changed the timing belt in my bonneville at about 100,000 miles and it was still kickin at 200,000 when I sold it
  • help with flat screen tvs
  • share some encouraging words
  •