Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Does the honda crv 2004 need a timing belt or does it have a timing chain?

my crv has done 50,000 miles, in the manual it says the timing belt should be changed, but my mecanic freind says it has a timing chain is this true
Does the honda crv 2004 need a timing belt or does it have a timing chain?
Should be a belt

Replacement interval

up to 1998 60,000 miles or every 5 years

from 1998 72,000 miles or every 8 years
Does the honda crv 2004 need a timing belt or does it have a timing chain?
http://www.samarins.com/reviews/cr-v02.h鈥?/a> schroll down to where it says Engine. It says NO timing belt.
I think it has a belt. i have a 1998 CR-V and i have 134,000 miles on it and the belt is just about to go. and I have never changed it. The Honda dealer wants over $900.00 to change it. I just looked it up and the part goes for $65.00 so how much labor is involved. I'm going to be looking into getting a newer car rather than fixing this one. It has been a great car and still works fine except for this i've never had any problems with it.
Its probably a belt.. Pop the cover off an have a look!