Friday, September 23, 2011

How often should i change the timing belt/chain on my 2005 nissan terrano 2.7tdi?

I don't follow the rule book when it comes to changing belts.



Ive replaced many in my time that have broken well before the stipulated time in the handbook.. On my own car and others I recommend every 20K miles. The belt is relatively cheap compared to a rebuilt engine, so I always play on the safe side.



As for changing timing chains.



Timing chains last a very long time but when worn tend to rattle. Unless this is picked up by a mechanic as severe, do not worry yourself over this.
How often should i change the timing belt/chain on my 2005 nissan terrano 2.7tdi?
if its a belt best at 80k miles if its a chain then never chains do not wear like a belt.
How often should i change the timing belt/chain on my 2005 nissan terrano 2.7tdi?
The 2.7 tdi that would be the belt and that would be change at every 75000 miles if it was chain which doubt it will be, it would need the chain tensioner/s changing every 85-95000 miles but this would be proceeded by a terrible knocking and a chin rattle