Thursday, September 15, 2011

I am going to change the timing chain gasket in my LT1, and i was wondering if i have to reset the timing.?

!!!!!!!!!!!!PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am going to change the timing chain gasket in my LT1, and i was wondering if i have to reset the timing.?
As long as you do not remove the belt or chain, and move the pulleys or gears in relation to each other, you need not retime the engine.
I am going to change the timing chain gasket in my LT1, and i was wondering if i have to reset the timing.?
No! JUst make sure you mark the optispark location. Mark both the optispark housing and the engine block for reference. Good luck this is not a fun job if the thing is still in the car. (I had Firebird. LT1 and all.)
not unless you're replacing the chain or sprockets. then you'd have to check timing when you're done. if you just replace the timing cover gasket then no.