Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Vauxhall CORSA LIFE timing chain.?

I WAS GETTING A TICKING NOISE FROM THE ENGIN, I'VE BEEN TOLD BY A VAUXHALL ENGINEER THAT MY CORSA NEEDS A TIMING CHAIN REPLACED ASAP BEFORE DAMAGING THE ENGINE(IF SNAPS). I TOOK IT TO A DIFFRENT GARAGE AND THEY SAID I NEED TO CHANGE THE TENSIONER AS WELL!! IS THAT RIGHT? IM CONFUSED
Vauxhall CORSA LIFE timing chain.?
Sounds right to me,



The timing belt/chain needs to be replaced at a regular interval. Depending on the model it could be 40,000 or 60,000 miles. But also if there are signs of wear.

When the belt/chain is replaced it is a good idea to replace the tensioner at the same time. It keeps the belt/chain at the right tension for the engine to run properly. It it should fail it would damage the new belt/chain and it does not cost alot extra.





Try to get a few quotes...

Not tham I am recommending them (As I don't know which one is closest to you) but Nationwide work on a quote rather than estimate basis so the price should not change unless other work is required.



I had the same job done on an old Cavalier and it cost 拢160.



Good luck !