Thursday, October 6, 2011

Changing a Water Pump on a Dodge Durango Question please Help!?

I have a 2000 Dodge Durango 5.9 4wd with 110k,miles and my water pump is leaking it need to be replaced , When I am changing the water pump do I need to remove the timing chain or touch it to be able to remove the water pump? If I need to remove the timing chain should I replaced the timing chain in the gasket?
Changing a Water Pump on a Dodge Durango Question please Help!?
No, the water pump on a 360 (5.9) is driven by the serpentine belt, not the timing chain, and there is no reason to mess with the timing chain. A lot of in line 4's are set up where the timing BELT drives the pump (Chrysler's 2.0 and 2.4 engines come to mind) but the 5.9 is just a fancied up 360 LA series engine that Chrysler has been building (and improving) since like 1970