Tuesday, October 25, 2011

I have 96 nissan primera LX. use timing belt or chain? mileage before I should change belt/chain??

fitted with chain and there is no schedule for changing your chain no need for replacement unless the tensioner packs up.
I have 96 nissan primera LX. use timing belt or chain? mileage before I should change belt/chain??
Change belt at 60,000. Chain , sorry I don't know
I have 96 nissan primera LX. use timing belt or chain? mileage before I should change belt/chain??
Timing belt, 60,000 miles
i own a repair shop,and I'm not real sure on this one what it has,i have never had one of those in to work on,but if its a chain,it needs to be changed every 100 thousand,a belt has to changed every 60 thousand miles,the chain will last longer than that but it will rattle ,and i think it does have a chain and gears in it, a belt though wont give any warning at all it just breaks and that's it ,one way to tell if you have a belt or a chain,you,ll have a plastic cover its a belt that covers it,if its a chain it will have a metal cover,good luck,i hope this help,s.